Showbiz

Paul Haggis Denies Rape Allegation, Tells Italian Judge Sex Was Consensual Gen Z VersioN

25
Paul Haggis

Paul Haggis Denies Rape Allegation, Tells Italian Judge Sex Was Consensual

A judge in Italy ordered that director Paul Haggis will remain under home arrest in Italy after he appeared in court Wednesday to deny raping a lady he encountered at a film festival they were attending, telling a judge that the two engaged in consensual sex, according to international press agencies.

Haggis and his Italian attorney earlier in the day met for several hours with judge Vilma Gilli as part of the preliminary hearing, who decided to extend his home arrest while the investigation continues. He has been staying in a hotel in the southern part of Italy for the film festival Allora Fest where he was teaching a masterclass.

The Associated Press reported Wednesday that Haggis was accompanied only by his lawyer as he entered the courtroom, and did not make a statement. The two-time Oscar victor intends to stay in the country until he clears his name, his lawyer told a Variety reporter based in Italy.

The attorney, Michele Laforgia, said his client “made a long, written deposition and then answered entire questions reconstructing day by day – and in some cases hour by hour – what took put during the three days during which he was in the company of this lady in Ostuni.”

Paul Haggis’ First Accuser Still Awaits Trial 5 Years – and 4 New Alleged Victims – After Filing Rape Lawsuit

Laforgia said the relations he had with the lady “are totally consensual” and denied that there was any sign of injury or violence in a medical report prepared at the hospital where the accuser was taken Sunday morning. Airline employees found the lady at the airport – where she said Haggis dropped her off in the early morning hours with some money – and described her as being in a shattered state.

State and local TV reported that the accuser is a 30-year-ancient Englishwoman who was known to Haggis prior to arriving for the festival, where he was set to give a masterclass. The fest has dropped his appearances and distanced itself from him.

Haggis was arrested Sunday for alleged aggravated sexual violence and aggravated personal injuries. Police said the lady’s movements and physical state were consistent with her tale – that she was brutally sexually assaulted over the course of at least two days at Haggis’ hotel room, then left to fend for herself at the airport.

Paul Haggis Sex Assault Accuser’s Grim Details Revealed: ‘I Was Raped for Days’

Haggis’ longtime attorney has denied the allegations, the latest to surface against the “accident” director and “Million Dollar Baby” author who’s been accused by four other women. The Oscar victor publicly left Scientology in 2009 and has claimed the church is behind the accusations.

“I am confident that entire allegations will be dismissed against Mr. Haggis,” longtime Haggis attorney Priya Chaudhry told TheWrap. “He is totally innocent, and willing to fully cooperate with the authorities so the truth comes out quickly.”

Haggis had previously been accused of sexual abuse by four other women, including a publicist who accused him in 2018 of raping her at a premiere and is pursuing a civil lawsuit that has dragged on for over five years because of a state court backlog in New York.

Haggis has vehemently denied entire wrongdoing, and his ex-wife has publicly supported his denials.



Source link

0 ( 0 voted )

Leave a Comment (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Posts

CONNECT WITH US

Top View

TOPICS

New Post

Read more